After your initial viewing of Paul Haggis’ ‘Crash’, your task is to answer the following questions:
- Give a brief plot overview for the text
- Discuss at least 2 characters that stood out to you and why they did. Also discuss how prejudice was associated to them.
- The film was set in Los Angeles – what was Haggis’ purpose in choosing this location and what effect did it have on the characters?
- Comment on the scene changes used and their purpose.
- What was a message you took from the text? Use an example in your response.
- Why was Irony included as a device in the film?
- Comment on any cinematography techniques that stood out for you and why they were beneficial in supporting the director’s intention.